Lazy Horse Ranch Purchase Agreement/Promise of
_________________________ Sergey Yagodin
_________________________ *address withhold for the internet publication*
_________________________ Phone: 301-990-4138
Description of a Dexter:
DOB ________ Sex______ Color ________Horned Yes
ADCA #’s Sire:__________ Dam ___________
Brucellosis Vaccination Record #______________ (copy attached)
Ultra@bac vaccination _____________________
Health Certificate _______
I. Purchase Price of Dexter $____________
Deposit (minimum $100) $_100________
Veterinary/Health Certificate $____________
Total due by delivery $____________
Total monies rec’d fm Buyer $____________
This agreement is entered into between Buyer and Seller for their mutual protection and especially for the protection and well-being of the Dexter. It is mutually understood that failure to comply with any provision of this agreement may detrimentally affect the reputation and business of Lazy Horse Farm. By signing this agreement, Buyer agrees that payment will be made as shown above. Buyer must pay a nonrefundable returned check fee of $25 per check if any check is not accepted by Breeder’s bank for any reason. Funds paid by check must be received before two weeks prior to delivery date. After that time, funds must be paid by Money Order or by cash. (Checks/MOs made out to ‘Sergey Yagodin’ please.)
1. Buyer assumes sole responsibility for maintaining the care and health of the Dexter after time of sale when the Dexter leaves the Breeder’s property.
HEALTH GUARANTEE AND BREEDER REPRESENTATIONS ** READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS SECTION **
At the time of
2. In order to qualify for the above guarantee, the Buyer must have the Dexter examined by a licensed veterinarian, at Buyer’s expense, within 48 hours of delivery (excluding Sundays and holidays). If the Dexter is not examined by a licensed veterinarian within this 48-hour period, the future health of the Dexter is at Buyer’s own risk. Buyer also understands that Breeder recommends isolation of Dexter from other domestic animals for a minimum of 5 days. If Dexter not isolated from other domestic animals, Breeder assumes NO responsibility for the health of the Dexter.
3. If, at this examination, the Dexter is found to have any of the conditions listed above and, in the opinion of the vet, the condition was present at delivery, the Breeder will be notified immediately and will, upon receipt of a written statement from the examining veterinarian that the condition was present at time of delivery, pay the cost of the emergency medical treatment necessary to correct the condition, up to the purchase price of the animal. For non-emergency treatments, Breeder shall have the option of having the Dexter examined and treated by his veterinarian or may limit reimbursement to like costs. If distance to Breeder’s vet is not reasonable distance to Buyer, Breeder may also choose to have a second opinion given by a veterinarian at an unrelated practice at Breeder’s cost. Breeder shall pay 50% of the bill incurred by the Buyer for detection and treatment of any illness and will pay costs directly to the veterinarian (Buyer will not be directly reimbursed). Breeder will not be responsible for cost of testing which yields no abnormality. Failure to contact the Breeder prior to initiating any treatments voids medical reimbursement clause
5. The breeding guarantee shall apply to naturally breeding only. In cases where the animal is subjected to any hormonal or surgical reproduction techniques after the sale, this guarantee shall be null and void. This guarantee ceases when an animal is disposed of by the original Buyer. In the case of bulls, it will be the responsibility of the Buyer to have the bulls semen tested before they are turned out with cows.
All notices of non-breeders must be submitted in writing within 15 months of the first date of service.
6. Should this Dexter be diagnosed with a disease (within 48 hours after the delivery) or a non-breeder (within 15 months of the first date of service) the Buyer shall have the option to return for his own expense (Delivery charges) the Dexter to the Breeder for a full refund of the purchase price. Breeder may instead choose to give Buyer another equal (at the time of purchase) quality Dexter depending upon Dexter availability. The total liability of the Buyer shall in no case exceed the purchase price of the animal. This guarantee clause does not cover neglect by the Buyer.
7. The Breeder offers no guarantee other than that contained in this agreement.